Six Little Things

9/19/13

... that you didn't know about me...
1// in grade 7 i was part of an international education exchange to Japan. i lived in Sagamihara with a lovely family. while i was there they really wanted me to have a traditional Japanese experience, so i slept on a rice mat on the floor of their special prayer room for my entire stay.

2// i will always pick smarties over M&M's. i don't care what you tell me, or how you try and convince me otherwise, the smarties chocolate IS just better!

3// i am a beauty product junkie. i openly admit this fact after years of serious denial. i LOVE products. i have to try it, feel it, test it out and then tell everyone about new finds that i love. this is partly the reason why my husband proposed to me with a TopBox (more on there here).

4// i speak a language that i like to call "Finglish" (english mixed with finnish). my mother immigrated from Finland with her parents to Canada when she was pretty young, and since my dad is Canadian and speaks about two words of Finnish, we developed a blended form of the language to speak with my grandparents. i did also go to Finnish language school for a few years.

5// i have one time in my life miraculously managed to melt a metal pot onto a stove top element ... and I'm still cooking. 

6// i used to work part-time in a costume shop in University and almost became a costume designer. i love all the historic research and study that you never knew about costume design and what it takes to bring the concept of a character to life through excellent designs. .

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My grandparents served a mission in Finland! I would love to learn the language. You're lucky that you know 2 languages!

Lauren said...

I am a beauty product junkie too!

Lauren,
http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Tani - it's such a beautiful country! You should learn! It's great!
Lauren - at least we aren't alone!! :)

: Green Chic Life : said...

I love reading posts like this! Finnglish sounds interesting... I speak Gerglenchish (German/English/French/Spanish), and that's always fun. I'd love to hear more about how you managed to melt a pot onto a stove top... I've never done that, though a few weeks ago, I managed to turn what was supposed to be 12 cookies into one giant cookie. I blame the baking soda!

: signe : the daily savant :
: blogspot
: bloglovin

Just posted: Win a handcrafted WOOD and GOLD NECKLACE from Mildred & Bernice!

One more day to enter to win a set of 25 Dia BRACELETS from Emerson & Oliver!

Unknown said...

Hey Signe! Finnglish sounds even better when you hear it! hahaha. The pot is an interesting story, let's just say my sister, some broccoli and some wine was involved. oops. How are things in Germany are you loving it? I always follow along with your posts and looks like a dream I have to say!

OOMPHLOVE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger