Autumn Beauty Best of the Best

10/2/13


the autumn season is the time of year i begin to notice that my skin starts to change from combination to dry. i have always adapted to those changes by using sugar from my pantry as an exfoliant, paired with rich facial oils packed with vitamins for the coming winter – like Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil , or my recent new find which smells SO amazing, the Youth Preservation Serum by Clementine Fields (review to come soon!). i have also always then modified my make-up routine to help keep my face looking fresh. i crave spending as much of this season outdoors as possible and so my morning and (when needed) evening routine is quick and to the point. this is the time of year i swap out up my bronzing powders for tinted moisturizers, and things like my peach powder based blushes for more liquid based berry 2in1 stains. here are a list of my tried & true favourite beauty recommendations for this season, and the best way to take your fall look from day to evening in a matter of minutes.


day time
when it comes to my daytime routine i'm quick and to the point. in the mornings i'm usually found running out the door to work, or to an early morning gym class. like i said earlier, i like spending as much time outdoors as I can, so i like to keep my face as fresh and as natural looking possible. because of all that I focus on key double duty products to give you that crisp cool morning rosy glow.
1+ Bigelow's Warm Apple Cider Lip Gloss
2+ Revlon Lash Blash Mascara in Brown
3+ Laura Mercier Tinted Moisterizer (great for the start of dry skin season)
4+ Brown Sugar (mixed with cleanser this is the best exfoliating scrub in town)
5+ Benefit Bene Tint for lips and cheeks (this gives that perfect duwie cheek and provides a long lasting touch of colour for lips)
night time
my night face is what i do post work and more often than not on my way out the door to meet friends, or my hubby for a night out. I typically carry these supplies in my purse so i'm always ready for anything, along with some rose gold hoop earrings and an elastic for a quick bun updo. for any evening look that isn't overly formal i truly believe that it shouldn't take take more than 15-20 mins to get ready. heck - i'd rather be out drink in hand doing something fun!
1+ Benefit Watt's Up Shimmer (used as a highlight under the brows and on the cheeks)
2+ Mac's Ruby Woo Matte Lipstick (this one stays on perfectly without bleeding. it is the best red i've ever found)
3+Aveda's Rose Mascara in Black (great for plumping up and it also smells heavenly)
4+ Stila Shimmer eye shadow
5+ Maybelline Foundation Stick (great long lasting wear and super easy to apply to any much needed cover up areas)
6+ Butter London Nail Polish
 what are your favourite tried & true products?


0 comments:

OOMPHLOVE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger