Infused Water

7/23/13

after the honeymoon my body needed a serious detox from the overload of italian pizza, pasta & wine. for the past two months i've been seriously focused on clean eating as well as eating locally. along with that i've decided to ensure that i'm drinking more water on a daily basis, in an effort to kept my body well hydrated and clean out the organs on a more regular basis. i've never been a huge water drinker. i can easily down about 3 glasses in a day, and then i'm typically done. after those 3 glasses the water starts to taste yucky and creates a strange taste in my mouth, don't ask me why.  so to try and get past this i've created combinations for infused water. in my daily routine in the morning i'll fill a small ziplock that I keep in my purse, with a few ingredients from my fridge or garden to create natural infused water. when i get to work i'll dump those ingredients into a glass, muddle/mash them around, fill with water and ice, shoot in a straw and carry that around with me all day. this routine has changed my life. I'm easily now downing 8-9 glasses of water a day and the infused water is filled with tons of natural flavours and nutrients. here are three combinations that are my absolute favourite by far
 
1. organic honey & rosemary
2. strawberry & basil
3. lemon & ginger
**a few other ideas would be, watermelon & mint, blueberry & lime, cucumber & apple!
 

2 comments:

: Green Chic Life : said...

Overloaded on pizza and pasta? Nooooo! I know what you mean... I'm headed to Italy at the end of the week and I'm already prepping for the carbo load! Love the idea of infused waters. I followed you with GFC and Blog Lovin. Hope you can follow back!

: signe
: the daily savant :
: the daily savant : Blog Lovin

Unknown said...

thanks for the follow! i am following back! Enjoy your trip to italy! have you been there before? The carbs are just too good to pass up I know! :)

OOMPHLOVE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger