Each year I personally try to hold back on getting wrapped into the crazy of Christmas, the decorating and the planning until after December 1st. However, after spending the other night catching up with a really great friend over Chai tea and some holiday music, I couldn't help but feel excited. Since then I've thrown my morals aside and catapulted into early holiday shopping. I know that many of us each year find ourselves locating the "ideal" gift online, only to realize that we forgot to take into consideration the dreaded shipping time factor. So, with keeping in the spirit of early holiday shopping I've pulled together, over post-it-note scribbles and gingerbread coffee, a recommended holiday gift shopping guide!
Here are 11 ideas to help you or inspire you in hunting down the "perfect" holiday gift(s) this season!
1. Shower Dock - This sleek shower speaker was built as a fully waterproof iPod dock. Not only is this perfect for the shower, but it can also be used in the summer by the pool or even as a portable speaker in the kitchen or around the house. A great perk for any early morning riser! $35 - Home Outfitters
2. Slate Cheese Board & Soap Stone - Write out the names of any cheese, wine or appetizer you might be serving up with the whtle soap stone and then easily wash it off at the end of the evening. Such a practical and simple idea on for this stunning dark and durable slate. Safe for all food products, this gift may just excite someone into hosting more parties. $30 - Sobeys
3. Preloved Sweater - If you haven't heard of Preloved before, you really should. Preloved creates one of a kind clothing from reclaimed vintage fabrics and focuses their efforts on sustainability.This Cornelia sweater is perfect for snowy cozy days with hot chocolates by a fire. It comes in the dark shade (as seen above) or also in a lighter shade. $164 - Preloved
4. ICade Game Cabinet - Who doesn't love this idea? This retro meets modern wooden gaming cabinet is built to be used with your Ipad. Rest assured it comes with a built-in old school joystick and buttons as well. I think it is time to get a little more excited about game and booze nights. Pac-Man anyone? $150 - Urban Outfitters.
5. Coordinate Print - These beautifully hand crafted letterpress style prints are personalized with the coordinates of your choice. A great gift for remembering events, travels or even home. $55 (USD) - Etsy, Beargraphics
6. Monster Factory - These little monsters are a loveable toy for any little person in your life ... and yes, adults too. Handmade, each plush toy comes with their own name and humorous story, and is also associated with a specific family of other monsters. $30-$40 - Monster Factory
7. Magnetic Shopping List - The brilliant design team of Harrington and Squires in England came up with this uniqueidea. Each set of 35 coloured fridge magnets lists essential grocery items which are to be used as shopping list reminders on your fridge. You can also purchase the spice magnets as an addition later on. What a colourful and creative way to remember what you need. £30 (UK) - Harrington and Squires
8. Coffee & Tea Pot - These modern and sleek pot designs make anyone a bit more excited for coffee and tea dates. The coffee pot, a classic French press maker, and the super round tea pot are both crafted out of stainless steel, making them not only stunning but durable too. They even look like old underwater diving helmets if you stare at them long enough. £60-£62 (UK) - Frevd.
9. Gold Chain Necklace - Simple and stunning, this gold chain makes the perfect stocking stuffer for any little girl to older lady. $18 - H&M
10. Gourmet Popcorn Spice Kit - This gift set will kick your average at home movie nights to the next level. Each popcorn gourmet spice kit contains 8 glass top tins of 48 mm diameter filled with following spice blends: beer, kettle corn, parmesan garlic, southwestern jalapeno, movie theater butter, sour cream and onion, dill pickle and chocolate caramel. Delish! $16 (USD) - Etsy, Cookoutsidethebox
11. Scratch Map - This innovative gift idea allows the user to track their worldly travels in the same way as one of those good ol' scratch and win lottery tickets! Document your trips by scratching off where you have been reveling a colourful map beneth! Excellent for the avid traveller or soon to be jet setter. $24 - Uncommongoods