A Novel Idea - January

1/13/14


welcome to my very first ever read along online book club! I should start this by saying that as a kid i hated reading. i much rather spent my time outside playing until the sun went down and even after that i would rather continue playing inside. now, as an adult i cannot get enough of reading. i love my sense of imagination. i don't know exactly when this switch got flipped but i'm happily enjoying the bliss of reading and i've made it a priority to try make time for quiet reading every day.

so now i want to share my love of reading with others.

i'm starting a no fuss, no muss monthly book club that anyone can access from anywhere. the idea is that i will post a new book at the beginning of every month. at the end of the month, i will post some of my thoughts and a few questions, to spark comments and conversation online – so you can participate in the comfort of your pj's and cup of java!

our first book for January is the very popular Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness, by Susannah Cahalan which has been getting rave reviews! if you have read it already, you are ahead of the game for this month. for those of you who haven't I encourage you all to pick up a hard or e-copy and jump into it. it's a book about one NYC journalists heart breaking experience with a very rare mental illness, and it's all true.

i am totally open to any comments or suggestions for other book recommendations for the upcoming months! 

0 comments:

OOMPHLOVE All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger